The Jesus Story Year Weekly Take Home Guide
Week 31: Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane
1 Peter 2:21-25
Further Reading and Meditation
Matthew 26: 14-55
1 Peter 4:12-19
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) Have you ever waited for something bad to happen, something you knew was coming? What was that like?
2) In this story, Jesus shows the depth of his humanity. Does this fully human Jesus bother you, comfort you? Can you identify with him?
3) In this story, Christ is betrayed by everyone. Have you been betrayed? How did you handle it?
4) Do you see yourself in this story? Are you like Jesus? Like Peter? LIke Judas? Who do you identify with and why?
5) What hope is there for you in this story? What hope is there for the world?