Story 27: Christ Invades the Temple
1 Kings 8:1-13
Further Reading and Meditation
Exodus 25-26, 36, 40
2 Samuel 7
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) Have you ever physically fought for someone or something? Describe that experience.
2) What in your life is worth fighting for?
3) Jesus teaches his followers to “turn the other cheek” when they are hit, and he doesn’t fight back when he is arrested. Why then does he then behave in such a physically aggressive way in this Gospel reading?
4) What is the impact of Jesus’ actions on the religious leaders? On his followers? On the people of Jerusalem?
5) If you are the Temple, what does this passage say about the way Jesus treats you?
6) If the Church is the Temple, what does this passage say about Jesus’ view of the Church?