Christ Raises Lazarus from the Dead
Further Reading and Meditation
1 Corinthians -58
2 Corinthians 4:16-5:10
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) What was your first experience of death?
2) In older cultures, before medical advances that prolonged life, people expected death at any moment, if not from disease, then from childbirth, plague, famine, or war. In the modern era, people are often “surprised” by death. Why do you think that is the case?
3) How did Jesus respond to the death of Lazarus?
4) What do you think it means for us now when Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life”? What does it mean for the future?
5) What would it look like for you to live in the present without fear of death?