You can hear the sermon associated with this story by clicking here.
Story 24: Christ’s Moral Code
Psalm 119: 97-106
Further Reading and Meditation
Romans (yes, the whole book)
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) When were you in a situation in which you wanted justice to be done? Can you describe that situation?
2) In the Old Testament, there is a version of justice which says “an eye for an eye,” in other words if you take something from someone you should lose the same thing. In you opinion, is that a reasonable form of justice? Why or why not?
3) What would our society be like if all Christians obeyed Jesus commands to “love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us”?
4) Are Jesus commandments of this nature, to turn the other cheek etc.,realistic? Should we try to obey them?
5) When comparing your own behavior against Jesus’ commands, how do you feel?(proud, happy, hopeless, sad, angry, depressed, joyous, frustrated, etc.)
6) Why did Jesus give us these difficult commandments?