You can hear the sermon associated with this story by clicking here.
Psalm 107:1-3, 17-22
Further Reading and Meditation
2 Kings 18:1-7a
1 Corinthians 1:18-31
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) Did you grow up in an environment in which people talked about “getting saved?” What did that mean to you when you were growing up?
2) Are you the kind of person who can point to a particular moment and say “that’s when I was saved?”
3) How do you respond is someone asks ‘are you saved?’ How comfortable are you with that phrase?
4) How do you know that Jesus has saved you (if you know that)?
5) What has Jesus saved you from? What has Jesus saved you for?