December 27: Christmas I: Simeon and Anna
Further Reading and Meditation
Psalm 27:1; 13-14
James 5: 7-11
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) What emotions do you feel when you have to wait in a line or in traffic?
2) Why do we as North Americans have such a hard time being patient? What about our culture makes it difficult for us to wait for things?
3) Certain things cannot be rushed. Friendships, gardens, spiritual growth all take time. What happens if we try to rush these things?
4) In the Jesus Story Year, we’ve learned that God takes time to do things, takes time to reveal and unfold His salvation. What do you think of that? Why do you think He takes time?
5) What are you waiting on God for right now? How is that difficult? What is God doing in your life as you wait on Him?