Story Eighteen: Christ Comes to Change the World
Further Reading and Meditation
1 Samuel 2:1-10
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your ,o,cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children. These questions refer to specific verses, so you will need to be looking at the Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55) in order to answer them.
1) Why does Mary’s soul praise the Lord? What things has the Lord done that she would say that?
2) Has Mary seen the mighty humbled and the humble exalted? Have you? Try to be specific.
3) Does it comfort you to think of God giving the poor good things but sending the rich away empty? Would that comfort Mary? Does that sound like the God you know?
4) What promises is God fulfilling by sending Christ?
5) What promises has God yet to fulfill?