Story Ten: Joshua and Jericho
Joshua 5:13-6:7, 15-21
Further Reading and Meditation
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) Have you ever returned to a place of failure or disappointment? Been required to attempt something again that you were unable to do before? What emotions did you experience?
2) When Joshua encountered the holiness of Christ, he fell down in humility and worshipped. Have you ever encountered or experienced the holiness God in such a way that you have been humbled and drawn to worship? How did it happen?
3) Have you ever thought of Jesus as a warrior? How does that change your view of him?
4) Can Christ be our Savior and not our Lord? What does it look like for us to live under Christ’s Lordship?
5) What habits or practices help you live under Christ’s Lordship?