Sunday, October 11, 2009
Take Home Guide for Week Nine: Christ and Moses
Jesus Story Year Take Home Guide
Story Nine: Christ and Moses
Exodus 19:1-9, 18-20, 20:1-3
Further Reading and Meditation:
2 Corinthians 3
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) Do you know the story of Israel in the wilderness, after they left Egypt? What is the most memorable part of that story?
2) Did you grow up with the Ten Commandments as part of your life? Can you remember all ten?
3) What rules do church people think are most important?
3) How much of your religious or spiritual life has been about doing the right thing and obeying the rules? How important is that aspect of religion to you?
4) What is the difference, if any, between obeying the Law of Moses and obeying Christ?
5) Can you recall a time when you experienced the tension between Grace and Law? What was that like? Did you find some resolution?