Jesus Story Year,
Story Six: The Stone the Builders Rejected (Christ and Leah)
Further Reading and Meditation:
1 Samuel 16:1-13
1 Peter 2:4-12
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) Have you ever rejected something and then later wish you hadn’t?
2) When have you been rejected (in a relationship, for a job, etc)? What was that like?
3) With whom do you most identify in the lesson from Genesis, Rachel, Leah, Jacob or Laban? Why?
4) If you had lived in the time of Jesus, would you have accepted him as the Messiah, or would you have rejected him? What would you have thought?
5) What does it mean to you that Christ was rejected? Does that help you identify with him? Does that help him identify with you?