Jesus Story Year,
Story Five: Christ, Abraham, and Isaac
Psalm 89:1-4, 15-18
Hebrews 11:8-12, 17-19
Further Reading and Meditation:
1 John 4
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) Has anyone ever given something up for you? What was it? How did it make you feel?
2) Have you ever seen a relationship (yours or someone else’s) fall apart because of God, or religion, or another spiritual reason? Did that seem like the right thing to you?
3) Have you ever chosen to give something up for God? How did that work out?
4) Do you feel that God has ever asked you to give something up? What was it? Has God ever asked you to give up something good?
5) What has God given up for you? What difference does that make in your life?
6) Is it easier to give something up for God, or to accept what he has given up for you?