Story Four: Abraham and Sarah
Further Reading and Meditation
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) Have you ever had to leave a familiar place, or a familiar way of living or believing? What was that experience like? Where was God in that experience?
2) How has God called you to embark on a journey with Him this year? Where are you in that journey?
3) Hebrews 11:8–9 says, “By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.” How comfortable are you with the idea of trusting God when the future is uncertain?
4) How conscious are you of God’s steadfast love for you in Christ?
5) Do you think God chose Abraham because of Abraham’s faith, or do you think Abraham had faith because of God’s promise to him?
6) How can your family be a blessing to the neighborhood and community you are in? How can our congregation be a blessing in our community and in the world?