Monday, August 24, 2009
Take Home Guide for Week Two
Story Two: Christ and Adam
Further Reading and Meditation:
1 John 2
1 Corinthians 15
Feel free to use some or all of these questions in your cell group, Bible study, or with your family. Some questions will need to be reworded or omitted for smaller children.
1) In the story of the Fall (Genesis 3), who is most at fault in your opinion? Adam, Eve, the Snake, God? Why?
2) In what way is Adam like Christ, and Christ like Adam? In what ways are they different?
3) Is it fair that we are damaged by Adam’s sin? Is it fair that we are held responsible for Adam’s sin? Is it fair that Christ’s redemption is available to everyone?
4) If all the bad things in the world come from what Adam and Eve did, does that explain evil for you? Are you intellectually satisfied with that answer? Emotionally satisfied?
5) If Christ is the new Adam, what difference does that make in your understanding of sin and evil? Of the Bible? Of yourself?